Thai basil pesto goes well with udon noodles, which cook quickly, making it perfect for the hot days of summer.
- 2 cups fresh Thai basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- Put all ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Refrigerate for up to two weeks and spoon the rest into small jars and freeze.
What’s great about pesto is it delivers concentrated chlorophyll and other nutrients in a very fresh form. I’m learning pesto can be made from all kinds of greens, for example the tops of carrots. I usually cut the cheese or oil quantity by 1/2 or 1/3 because it tastes even fresher and doesn’t really need the extra fat.