Tips to Get Through Cold and Flu Season
Flu Season 1017/18 is a bad one. What can you do to stay healthy, and if you do wind up sick, how can you shorten the recovery time? Here’s a round up for you to see if there’s any place to improve your habits and shortchange the viral bugs as they jump from one person to the next:
- Orange peel tea with honey – it works, and here’s how to make it.
- Supplement your diet with Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, zinc, and garlic
- Clean ears with hydrogen pyroxide
- Neti pot + nasal spray
- Chinese herbal formulas
- Clean and disinfect. Wash your hands frequently, cover your mouth if you sneeze or cough and avoid touching your mucus membranes (mouth, eyes, nose) if you’re around someone who is sick, and clean and disinfect all common surfaces and objects that could be contaminated.
- Exercise to boost immunity, 30 -90 minutes daily
- Layer clothes to respond easily to fluctuating temperatures in winter
- Get lots of sleep
- Use a humidifier when you sleep