10 Tips to Get Through Cold and Flu Season
This year, more than any other in our lives, we want to respond quickly at the very first sign of a cold. so here is our evergreen list of 10 tips to get through cold and flu season.
As we know, the odds of coming down with a cold or flu increases in the cold winter months. When your immune system is strong, you’re better able to fend off bacterial and viral infections. Here’s where good food and good habits matter, to get and stay ahead of any bug that might come your way. And if you’re reading this because you did wind up sick, follow these tips to shorten the recovery time. and avoid getting sick again this winter season.
- Orange peel tea with honey – it works, and here’s how to make it.
- Supplement your diet with Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, zinc, and garlic – and ask us about herbal formulas to prevent or speed recovery!
- Clean your ears with hydrogen pyroxide
- Use a neti pot and/or nasal spray regularly – it creates an inhospitable environment inside your nasal passages
- Chinese herbal formulas – we have a slew of formulas for respiratory infections
- Clean and disinfect. Wash your hands frequently, cover your mouth if you sneeze or cough and avoid touching your mucus membranes (mouth, eyes, nose) if you’re around someone who is sick, and clean and disinfect all common surfaces and objects that could be contaminated.
- Exercise to boost immunity, 30 -90 minutes daily
- Layer clothes to respond easily to fluctuating temperatures in winter
- Get lots of sleep
- Use a humidifier when you sleep
Schedule NOW (303) 888-5764