In a previous post we outlined the reasons fats are good for you, listed the good fats and the bad fats so you’ll know the difference.
Here we want to share a list of the healthiest cooking oils:
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: light, fruity flavor, high anti-oxidant value in fresh (6 months or less), destroyed in very high heat.
- Canola oil: neutral flavor, good substitute for olive oil and has a longer shelf-life.
- Walnut Oil: nutty flavor, store in the fridge, high in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Grape Seed Oil: light flavor, versatile.
- Peanut Oil: neutral taste, good for frying or high-heat cooking.
- Sesame Oil: dense flavor best added in small quantities.
- Coconut Oil: tasty consumed raw, excellent for baking.
When you’re reaching for longevity, eating well is a big piece of the equation. You have control of your nutritional intake. If you need help with figuring out what’s right for you, Chinese dietetics offers an ancient system customized to each person’s constitutional makeup, and it’s a routine part of your treatment plan with us.
Schedule NOW (303) 888-5764