Lemon juice is a miracle because once it enters your system, the body converts it from acidic to alkaline. The metabolism is truly amazing.
Lemon juice in the morning gives a little zing that wakes up your body, and soothes the digestion. And it feels really good! Fads may come and go, but lemon juice in warm water before breakfast stands the test of time.
Squeeze ½ lemon in a mug and cover with hot water, or to taste. Make sure to brush your teeth afterward, to prevent enamel erosion (for real).
Lemons are used for many purposes. The oils are good for cleaning the house; the juice and skin impart flavor to recipes; and nutrients A, B, C, potassium, magnesium, and calcium strengthen resistance and support tissue growth. That’s a lot from a little lemon!
The juice of the lemon consists of water, glucose, and several forms of acid. It is the citric acid that gives lemons its sour taste. In Chinese Medicine, the sour taste corresponds with the liver and gallbladder, and the properties of lemons have a strong effect on the liver in the parlance of western medicine, as well.
The properties of lemon:
- help detoxify the liver
- reduce free radicals
- fight infections
- reduce inflammation leading to joint pain
- prevent urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- help in weight loss
- help with skincare
- relax with its scent
- can be used as a cleaning agent around the home to clean grease from surfaces and windows, and to polish furniture
How Does Lemon Juice Detoxify the Liver?
- Lemon juice is acidic, but in the process of digestion, it becomes alkalized. Acidic-producing food makes the liver work harder. To filter out toxins, alkaline-producing food, like fruits and vegetables, gives the liver a break. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water, too.
- Lemon juice contains the antioxidant vitamin C, which enters the blood stream and cleanses free radicals in the blood: this reduces the liver’s workload, too.
How Does Lemon Juice Fight Infections?
- Lemon juice has a low pH (acid), making it naturally disinfectant and antibacterial.
- Lemon juice eliminates uric acid from the blood stream, a toxic waste product found in arthritis, rheumatism, and urinary tract infections.
Schedule NOW (303) 888-5764