Here are some stealth health tips for late summer weather, simple and ways to deal with the coolness that creeps in when we are not prepared for it.
When late August through early October brings quick drops in temperature, our bodies have to adapt.
Yet, we have already been adapting to the sun’s heat and cooling air-conditioning all summer long. This quick need to adapt taxes our immune systems.
We see it all the time with our patients and guard against it ourselves. While not life-threatening, coming down with a sudden cold or stomach bug is a best inconvenient with the potential to become something worse.
What can you do?
- Boost your immune system with extra vitamin C and vitamin D. Real food is better than supplements if you can swing it.
- Get plenty of rest- sometimes doing nothing is just the thing you need.
- Carry with you an extra layer at all times. For women, a light scarf, for men an extra shirt with a collar to cover the back of the neck.
- Get acupuncture- it gives a nice boost to the immune system
- Take a tonic formula of Chinese herbs
Schedule NOW (303) 888-5764