Whenever we have extra bananas that are ripening fast, we know what to do with them.
What makes this recipe great is all the added texture that swaps out fat and sugar for nuts and coconut.
4 ripe bananas
2 cups gluton free flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder (double acting for high altitude)
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup coconut flakes (optional)
1 cup coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat the oven at 350°. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl: almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a second bowl, mix all the liquid ingredients together: coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, bananas.
3. In the larger bowl, mix dry and wet together.
4. Fold the walnuts, coconut flakes, and chocolate chips into the dough.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased (with coconut oil) Pyrex dish, top with sprinkled coconut flakes, and bake for about 1 hour.
Most recipes use all-purpose flour but we like to stay away from wheat whenever possible. Instead, gluten-free flours such as millet, chick pea, rice, coconut, or almond are just as good to bake with as wheat.
Schedule NOW (303) 888-5764