Super oatmeal is how we make oatmeal interesting. We bulk it up with texture and additional nutrients, making the meal more nutrient dense and eliminating mid-morning hunger.
¾ cup oatmeal
¼ cup steel-cut oats
¼ cup multi-grain cereal (example: Bob’s Red Mill 10-Grain)
2 T. oat bran
1 cup fruit or fruit compote
1 T. lecithin
Rice milk (splash)
- Place the grains and compote in a saucepan, and cover with water. Cook on low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the water is absorbed, and before it becomes too dense to stir, turn off the heat and serve. If not using compote add fresh fruit at the end.
- Top the oatmeal with 1 T. lecithin. If you find the mixture’s too thick, add a splash of rice milk.
- If you like your oatmeal sweeter, add a teaspoon of honey, agave, or maple syrup.
Measurements are approximate: adjust proportions as you see fit.
Yields 2 generous portions
In case you forgot, oatmeal is always recommended because it’s a good source of:
- soluble fiber-rich food that lowers cholesterol. The lecithin you add helps break down fats, increasing this cholesterol-lowering benefit.
- phytochemicals, the chemicals found in plants that have many disease-preventing properties.
- nutrients: magnesium, manganese, iron, copper, selenium and zinc.
Schedule NOW (303) 888-5764