Treatment: What to Expect
Your first session is 75 – 90 minutes, allowing a comprehensive intake followed by a treatment. Subsequent sessions are 60 minutes.
During the course of your treatment series you will hear:
- Nutritional information and advice
- Functional movement assessment with exercise recommendations
- Lifestyle and self-care information and advice
Your treatment may include
- Chinese herb formulas*
- Any number of methods in our scope as per your condition
- Referrals to MD’s and allied healthcare professions
In between your first and second visits we will review your chart and medical reports and present you with the recommended number of visits to reach your goal. In our experience we expect to see significant change within the first 3 sessions, depending of course, on severity and duration of your condition and your general current state of health.
We want to get you better: research shows that acupuncture’s effects are cumulative, and build upon one another, which is why acupuncture works best to resolve an issue or multiple issues with regular treatment sessions. Please follow the recommended schedule as best you can.
We only use single use, sterile solid stainless steel needles that are gentle and safe with no chance of infection or cross contamination.
*Chinese herb formulas are an added cost, not included with the treatment visit paid by patient or the insurance company.
To Get The Most Out Of Your Sessions
- Arrive on time
- Wear loose clothing for easy access below elbows and knees, possibly abdomen
- Eat a light meal so you don’t arrive hungry
- Refrain from alcohol or recreational drugs before treatment
- Keep to the visit schedule because acupuncture’s effects are cumulative
- Between visits, make notes of changes in your condition. Please email questions and concerns.
Your records and anything we discuss concerning your treatment is kept confidential as per HIPAA compliance and professional ethical standards.